2022 has been a very successful year for Dr. Mark Cembrowski and his lab. Here is a collection of the lab’s awards, fellowships and publication in 2022. Congratulations!
- The lab’s research on cell types in the central amygdala is published in iScience.
- The lab is featured in Nature Methods, with an interview with Dr. Cembrowski on the patch-seq technique.
- The lab is awarded a Major Research Grant from the Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation of Canada to study the cell-type-specific basis of autism spectrum disorder.
- Dr. Larissa Kraus (Postdoctoral fellow) receives her Walter Benjamin Programme Postdoctoral Fellow award.
- Kaitlin Sullivan (Graduate Student) receives a NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships – Doctoral award and is featured on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website
I am incredibly appreciative to receive this award and excited for the research that it will be funding! I am super grateful to NSERC and for the support I have received from the Cembrowski lab in all my scientific endeavours.Kaitlin Sullivan, PhD Candidate
- Adrienne Kinman (Graduate Student) receives a NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships – Doctoral award and is featured on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website
I am incredibly thankful to NSERC for their support of my doctoral research and so lucky to have received the invaluable support of my supervisor, Dr. Mark Cembrowski, and the whole Cembrowski lab! I am very excited for the science to come!Adrienne Kinman, PhD Candidate
- Shalini Iyer (Graduate Student) is awarded a BC Graduate Scholarship.
- The lab is awarded a CIHR Project Grant to study representation of novelty in the brain.
- The lab is awarded a Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health Kickstart Grant, to develop and apply new RNA-seq technology in collaboration with Drs. Nozomu Yachie (Biomedical Engineering) and Geoffrey Schiebinger (Math).
- Willis Cao (Undergraduate Student) is awarded the Physiology Prize for the best thesis in the Cellular and Physiological Sciences Honours undergraduate program.
- Sarah Erwin and Regan Campbell (Graduate students) are each awarded Canada Graduate Scholarships – Masters from CIHR.
- Raja Choudhary is awarded an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award.
- Angela Zhang (Co-op Student) is awarded a Science Undergraduate Research Experience Award, as well as a UBC Faculty of Medicine Summer Student Research Program Award.